Monday, November 16, 2015

Blog assignment #3 Writing on a photograph

                                                                          Cash only. 

                    


There is nothing more fascinating to me than looking at old pictures. It takes me back to memories, experiences, people, places, moments, joy and happiness.  It let us realized how much we have changed.
My picture illustrates the price evolution of the best city in the world. Money wise it is an aspect that is always is constant evolution. My photo gave us an idea of how our city has changed in terms of living costs.  I was attracted by 98 cents a gallon. WHAT? Yes that was the price per gallon of gas in 1950s.  It made me feel that the photographer wanted to capture the cost of living in New York City, also housing.
As 2015 a gallon of gas in the city is about $4 dollars. Wow New York how expensive you became.  Space wise and location is an aspect of the old New York that remains unchanged.  As today we still have small gas stations in most of the city’s neighborhoods, Surrounded by wine store and restaurants, two of the most popular and strongest business in New York City, food and beverages.  Which is fascinating about New York that we can enjoy food in so many different restaurants that let us enjoy and explore international cuisine from many countries.

Also, I was amazed by the ad behind the gas station in my picture that offers “Rooms for 50 dollars” I wonder if it was a hotel or motel room. Local and tourists would be amazed to find a place to stay for $50 a night, it would not probably happen. I really like this picture because it tells a lot about the old New York City in addition my picture shows the relationship between living costs and people. Thought old pictures we see the essence of a city that remains unchanged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment